FTSE climbs 120 pts; some dividends reinstated
The FTSE 100 is up around 120 points this week.
The past week, we saw more previously cancelled dividends reinstated and some solid dividend declarations this morning from Standard Life Aberdeen, Hargreaves Lansdown, TP ICAP, Hikma and PRS REIT.
The week ahead continues to be busy.
Going ex dividend this coming Thursday with yields in excess of 2% we have Direct line 2.2% interim and 4.4% special (which was the previously cancelled final dividend). Lindsell Train Investment Trust (3.5%), Phoenix Group (3.3%), Severfield (3.1%), Smurfit Kappa (2.8%), Ferrexpo (2.6%) and Legal & General for 2.2%.
Daily Comments Roundup
The week ahead
- Aggreko announces an interim dividend of 5p per share reflects the Board’s confidence in the medium term, with the reduction on the prior year reflecting lower current year earnings 06 August 2020
- Spirent announce an interim dividend up 12 per cent to 2.17 cents 06 August 2020
- Phoenix Group announce an interim dividend of 23.4p per share 06 August 2020
- Evraz have declared an interim dividend for 2020 of US$291.37 million, reflecting the Board’s confidence in the Group’s financial position and outlook 06 August 2020
- ConvaTec interim dividend of 1.717 cents declared, in line with the prior year 06 August 2020
- Aviva announces a second interim dividend in respect of 2019 of 6 pence per share 06 August 2020
- Tritax declare Q2 dividend of 1.5625p resulting in H1 2020 dividend of 3.125p per share 06 August 2020
- Legal & General announce a maintained interim dividend of 4.93p per share 05 August 2020
- Segro announces an interim dividend increased by 9.5 per cent to 6.9 pence 05 August 2020
- Ferrexpo Interim dividend declared of 6.6 US cents, in addition to an interim dividend of 6.6 US cents per share declared in June 2020 05 August 2020
- Hastings announce interim dividend proposed of 4.5p per share 05 August 2020
- Hill & Smith announce resumption of dividend policy with FY20 interim dividend of 9.2p declared 05 August 2020
- Rotork plc reinstate interim dividend 04 August 2020
- BP announce a dividend of 5.25 cents per share was announced for the quarter, compared to 10.5 cents per share for the previous quarter. 04 August 2020
- Direct Line announce a dividend reinstated: additional interim dividend of 43.2 pence per share to be paid in October in lieu of 2019 final dividend; interim dividend of 21.9 pence per share declared for payment in November 04 August 2020
- Spectris announces a dividend reinstated: additional interim dividend of 43.2 pence per share to be paid in October in lieu of 2019 final dividend; interim dividend of 21.9 pence per share declared for payment in November 04 August 2020
- Centamin plc has declared a second interim dividend of 6 US cents per share 04 August 2020
- NWF group have proposed 4.5% increase to the total dividend to 6.9p per share, reflecting the Board’s confidence in the resilience and prospects of the business 04 August 2020
- Diageo announces a final recommended dividend of 42.47 pence per share, the same as the final dividend for fiscal 19. This brings the full year dividend for fiscal 20 to 69.88 pence per share, an increase of 2%. 04 August 2020
- XP Power announces a dividend reinstated from the second quarter of 2020 at 18.0 pence per share 03 August 2020