Global warning: the case for low carbon investing to counter climate change
Hamish Chamberlayne, investment manager for Janus Henderson’s global sustainable equity strategy, explains why climate change remains the biggest investment issue of our lifetime.
He argues that market forces will drive the transition to a low carbon economy, and will not be derailed by Trump’s political agenda.
- The overwhelming scientific consensus is: climate change is real and human activity is the main cause
- The world community must decarbonise now to limit dangerous global warming
- With the Paris Accord now ratified, investors must fully understand the consequences that ‘unburnable carbon’ could have on their investments
- Market forces will drive the transition to a low carbon economy: renewables costs are falling and technologies are advancing rapidly
- His team sees up to £5 trillion of MSCI World market capitalisation at risk of disruption, as this transition will impact multiple sectors.
Please click on the link to access the document.
Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the amount originally invested.
The information in this article does not qualify as an investment recommendation.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.